1. I had a conversation with a ‘wakil rakyat’ on the need to adopt sustainable development in his ‘kawasan’ (constitutional area). I’m happy that he was very responsive to my suggestion.
2. As people representative, wakil rakyat decides how to develop his area. Development blueprint directs business ventures and government agencies to focus and strategize on a certain aspect of the developmental goal. In the end, rakyat is expected to gain from those initiatives.
3. The easiest way is to invite Foreign Direct Investment. The government prepares land and incentives. The reasons to relocate certain business overseas have to be understood. Many developed countries want to get away labor-intensive industries outside theirs simply because they want to focus on knowledge-based technology. Some conventional technologies have a detrimental effect on the environment. They need to be relocated out of the country.
4. We have to choose what is the best for our country. So please choose wisely.😒
1. When conducting clinics in the government hospital, I have come across many patients who carry a diagnosis of substance abuse. One of the prerequisites is to conduct Motivational Interview which is quite difficult to carry out unless the therapist learns about it and keep the focus on what he is doing.
2. The motivational interview is used to enhance client’s motivation to end drug addiction. The first step is to develop trust with the client. At the same time, the therapist needs to assess client’s perception of the problem (that he is facing). Denial is common, in the beginning. To some clients who present with psychological problems like the panic attack and fear of dying, they are more open to ideas and suggestions. Willingness to get treatment will ensure fewer obstacles (faced by clients) throughout the session.
3. The second step is to collect basic information such as client’s medical history using semi-structured questionnaires or clinical assessment. The third step is to help the client in his decision making, help him to express his emotion in a controlled and confident manners and finally make a good conclusion at the end of the interview. There is a need to reconnect with the client in the future to see how much he has gone through various phases in addiction recovery.
4. In precontemplating phase, the client doesn’t feel the need to change his behavior and lifestyle. Following certain suggestion or life events, clients then decided to make changes but in many, they need to be pushed before they step on the next stage. This is contemplation stage. Once they decide to change, they are ready for treatment.
5. Unfortunately, in some cases, relapse undeniably occurs. Psychological changes like depression, anxiety and psychosis could worsen the condition and lead to suicide. Psychiatric treatment is the choice.
6. As society moves toward modernization, drug abuse becomes a big problem that will affect the new generation of our youths. Collective actions from scholars, clinicians and volunteers are needed.
–hardcore drug addicts are like living corpses