1. Dodi fears he might pass away instantly, middle of the night. Every time he prays, he believes it is the last time he serves the God. Whenever he sees his only son, he feels that it is the last time of meeting him. Fear for the worst, he suddenly develops a panic attack, repeated many times in a week. So he becomes religious. He immediately meets a religious scholar who advises him to be closer to God. People around him are happy with his changes in character for the better.
2. Dodi meets me not because of his character changes. He becomes worried about his panic attack. He strongly believes he will be leaving his wife and his child behind.
3. He admitted when he was young, he used to abuse multiple drugs. The one he can’t forget is Ketamine. Ice and cannabis are included.
4. Now that he has married, he wants to stop taking drugs. Nevertheless, the new problem arises – panic attack.
5. His wife’s family entrusted him to run a family business. This put another burden on him.
6. Can drug abuse cause remote psychological problems in the future? Current understanding says, no. Some drugs like cannabis are known to cause amotivational syndrome and latent personality traits or disorders years after stopping them. Having seen patients with drug abuse, I believe probably drugs could.