1. Corporal punishment is defined as the use of physical force with the intention of causing a child to experience pain but not injury for the purposes of correction or control of the child’s behavior. Parents who use to punish the child have tendency to escalate the act again and getting more severe from time to time. Parents may start milder but getting harder to the extend of abusing the child later.
2. Children have the tendency to absorb punishment, provoke more punishment from parent and finally thin line will be broken.
3. Adults think they are teaching children to behave, yet, children develop non-compliance and becoming more defiance. Abused children learn about aggression and resort to aggression when solving the probem.
4. The children are at-risk of having poor self-esteem, depressed and suicidal. They may have poor academic achievement, lack of confidence, poor moral internalization and increase antisocial behavior.
5. Finally, corporal punishment severed parent-child relationship.
Respect children right to protection especially from their own family members.