1. Empathy belongs to how you put yourself in another’s shoes.
2. Some people have superficial empathy, some very deep empathy. Whoever they are, the fundamental principle is the empathy must be guided by knowledge and fact.
3. By perceiving other people emotion, a successful interpersonal interaction develops which encompass intellectual and emotional contagion and finally perspective taking.
4. Scientists have mapped different brain regions such as ventral striatal response to happy faces correlated positively with Empathy Quotient (EQ), precuneus and lateral prefrontal cortical response to angry faces correlated positively with EQ.
5. The region in the left dorsal inferior frontal gyrus/premotor cortex was positively correlated to the EQ across all four emotions i.e happy, sad, angry and disgust. This region could, therefore, constitute a biomarker for trait empathy across emotions. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18633800)
6. I believe empathy can be trained. So training makes empathy perfect and so the history taking..